- We encourage communication between teacher and parent. Feel free to contact your child’s teacher by phone; Brookfield – 782-3430, Waukesha 549-3344 or direct your questions to the office. We encourage you to share any and all ideas you might have for our program. Our program cannot grow unless there is open communication between teacher and parent.
- Parents – we ask that you do not “Coach your child from the sidelines”. This only serves to distract your child and disrupt the flow of the class.
- Only those students who are participating in a class are permitted in gym.
- No shoes are permitted in the gym.
- Gymnasts should be picked up when their class is over. We are not responsible for them before or after their scheduled class time.
- Please check with your child for handouts. Also, be sure to read the signs posted in the entry way. We always post and send home notices of any gym closings and schedule changes.
The class fee balance should be paid prior to the first day of class. Payments may be made at the office, by mail or online. If the full balance can not be paid by the beginning of class, please make special arrangements with the office. If the balance is not paid on time, a $25.00 late fee will be added to your balance EACH MONTH the balance is delinquent.
OPEN WOUND / WART POLICY
Any student with a pre-existing open wound must have the wound appropriately bandaged. Any student with a wart must have the wart completely covered. If the wart is on the foot, a bandage and sock is recommended. A student with an uncovered open wound or wart will NOT be allowed to participate. They may observe from the side.
If the student wishes to participate, the wound or wart must be appropriately cleaned and covered by the parent.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
In case of snow, ice, or severe cold weather, we will notify WTMJ (620AM), WQBW (97.3FM), WISN (1130AM), Channel 12 TV, WKLH (96.5FM) and WHQG (102.9FM) to broadcast a closing bulletin. If we have your email address on file, an email notification will be sent. Cancelled classes will be made up. Salto, Inc will not be responsible for errors broadcast on radio or television.
Each child must have a medical form on file at Salto. Please fill out the form and return it to the gym office the first day of classes. The medical form can be found on the forms page of this website or at our office.
- GIRLS: 1 Piece Leotard, Barefoot or footless tights
BOYS: Gym shorts and a T-shirt.
NEVER WEAR CLOTHING THAT MAY INTERFERE WITH YOUR HANDS, YOUR VISION, OR THE SPOTTER’S HANDS OR VISION.
- Hand Grips:
Never endanger your holding power with too much protective material on your hands.
- Never use grips made of inferior materials, and be sure the grips you are adequate for your purpose.
- Check your grips daily for weakened stitching, tears, and hard slippery surfaces.
- Be sure grips are fastened securely before performing.
- Be sure the rough surface of the grip is in contact with the apparatus.
- Never use dowel grips without expert supervision.
- Be sure your hair is tied back out of your face so that it will not block your vision, no matter what position your body is in.
- No jewelry should be worn during classes.
- If eyeglasses are worn, be sure they are securely fastened.
- NO street shoes should be worn on the carpeted areas of the gym floor.
- NO food or drink allowed on the gym floor. NO gum chewing during class.
- Do not use apparatus without qualified supervision. Before or after classes, gymnasts should stay off the apparatus.
- Before mounting apparatus, make sure it is properly adjusted and secured. Make sure that sufficient mats and appropriate landing space is available. CONSULT YOUR INSTRUCTOR!
- Use proper conditioning and warm up exercises before attempting new and/or vigorous moves.
- Attempt new skills in proper progression. CONSULT YOUR INSTRUCTOR!
- When attempting a new or difficult skill, a qualified spotter should be used. When in doubt, always use a spotter. CONSULT YOUR INSTRUCTOR!
- Caution: Any activity involving motion, rotation, or height, may cause serious accidental injury.
- Dismounts from apparatus require proper landing techniques. Do not land on head or back as serious injury may result.
- Any skill involving the inversion of the body could be dangerous and cause serious neck or head injury.
- Keep your hands dry with chalk at all times.
- Keep excess chalk in the box.
- NO HORSE PLAY AT ANY TIME WHILE ON OR AROUND GYMNASTIC EQUIPMENT. REPEATED MISCONDUCT MAY BE CAUSE FOR DISMISSAL FROM THE PROGRAM.