DEVELOPMENTAL GYMNASTICS PROGRAM
This program is for those who are in first grade and up.
“To provide a safe and positive environment where children can learn the fantastic movement potential of the human body through the medium of gymnastics.”
- To develop both upper and lower body strength.
- To increase total body coordination and kinesthetic awareness.
- To increase flexibility in the trunk and extremities.
- To instill physical activity as a daily life style.
- To develop a positive self-image and self-confidence through the acquisition of gymnastics skills.
CLASSIFICATION OF SKILL LEVELS
Superkids—Basic gymnastics skills on the Olympic events—Vault, Bars, Beam, and Floor for girls; Vault, High Bar, Pommel Horse, Parallel Bars, Rings, and Floor for boys. Children must be recommended by an instructor at Salto.
Level 1— Little or no experience with gymnastics equipment.
Level 2— Basic movement & skills on all events or passing Level 1.
Levels 3, 4 & 5 Boys; Levels 3-5 Girls— Recommendation by results of a skill test or passing previous level.
Girls Advanced Developmental — This class is for students who have completed girls level 5 classes and have been recommended by an instructor to advance. There will be the potential for competition in the future, if gymnasts are prepared and wish to compete. Students may opt to take a second class per week at a discounted fee.